I have been compiling things, and more things for what could probably make up 300 inspiration boards but I thought I’d share one, and deconstruct it.
Collecting inspiration is infinite and necessary for an artist, or creator of any sorts. But I believe everyone in any profession should make inspiration boards (or five). An inspiration board doesn’t require reason. It’s stuff you like put next to and overlapping other stuff you like. It provides motivation and inspiration to help you continue doing things you like. And frankly, they are really pretty, (if they are all things you like).
So here’s one of mine:
Now I thought we’d dig in and go piece by piece so I can explain how this pile of crazy got on an inspiration board.
1. I think this one explains itself but I live my life by this phrase.
2. Every inspiration board needs a little humor. I love this.
3. This Kimono! I love this look, the fringe and the hat. I need these two items in my life.
4.I found this image on Pinterest and I just love how the textures and fabrics were assembled together. Plus the floral is just goregous
5. Every inspiration board needs a picture of Florence Welch. She is my style inspiration, I love the boho flair she has. She is always on par.
6. The many faces of Elle Fanning. She is one of my style inspirations and she is only 16!!!!!!! What a girl. Her hair is from the Gods!
7. This image just reminds me to by cozy. Warm socks and tea after a long day.
8. This image is from Urban Outfitters and I NEED THOSE TIGHTS! If you need them too you can find them here.
9. This photo is apart of a year long self portrait series done by the extremely talent photographer Nicole Mason. And she has killer style. Check out here blog here to see each weeks self portrait.
10. I found this print on Pinterest. It is just too adorable.
11. Daisies are my favorite
12. THESE SHOES! I don’t know where they are from but I need them!
13. I collect tea cups, and tea. Let’s just say tea is an obsession of mine.
14. This is a picture I found of FPme and lets just say I am in love with this style pic! And her hair.
15. That is outfit is perf. enough said.
16. Those sunglasses, the braids. So many feels.
17. This is an untitled piece by Cy Twombly one of my favorite painters. I hope to paint as well as him when I am done with art school.
18. If only I was as cool as this dog.
19. This outfit has inspired me. I have purchase items similar to replicate it.
20. I am really into Pineapple print lately and this set is so adorable. You can buy it here.
21. The painting is by one of my favorite artist Joan Mitchell (no not the singer). I just love the colors, and the scribbles.
So there you have it. Inspiration boards don’t really need logic or order at all. They are just well, inspiring for lack of a better word. I hope this inspires you to make your own. (pun certainly intended).
All my images came from my Pinterest. You can find it here and see about 6,000 more things that could land on my next inspiration board.
Heres one that almost made the board that just makes me giggle:
(If you make an inspiration board please do share it with me, I’d love to see it!).